Tuesday, August 14, 2007

7 different kinds of annoying

Problem list:

1. We now have two shows. One is the regular show and the other is the 90 minute version that will play in Atlantic City.

2. Each show requires a different tracking system to figure out where actors will be when they need help with costume changes.

3. We have 2 fewer dressers than we need to actually do this job in Atlantic City because someone who cannot be named sent in a contract with 10 dressers listed instead of 12 and no one checked it before signing off. And now they (the production company) say they have no money.

4. They are taking us out to a free happy hour tomorrow. Could we cancel the happy hour and hire a dresser instead?

5. Mike has to do all the tracking by himself because I haven't worked the show and thus don't know where the costume changes happen etc.

6. He spends a lot of time scrunched in a chair staring despondantly at his computer screen while I listen to my ipod and sew on labels.

7. I have a Master's degree. I'm just saying...

8. We actually bought a bulletin board and push pins with numbers on them and now we are going through the show scene by scene figuring out where the actors and dressers are actually located in an attempt to visualize potential catastrophes.

9. It might be helping but it requires 14 different lists of Mike's and he has to reference them all and dictate to me while I stick pins in a board and say things like "dresser #1 is now dressing 4 people simultaneously and 5 people have exited stage left with no one to help them... oh, and dresser #4 has somehow disapparated on stage right and reappeared within seconds on stage left. she's clever..."

10. This is the last show where I work as an assistant... And right now Mike is getting paid too little and I am actually overpaid for the amount of work I'm doing.

NYC? still beautiful. My sister, bethany? visiting in 2 days! Excited? yes!

later ya'll...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home