Monday, August 06, 2007

Goodbye Tucson

I tried to post this yesterday but had a series of non-working internet connections, so 2 posts today.
First, the last of Tucson.
I will definitely miss my neighborhood. Especially having spent more time there this past 8 months and getting to know my neighbors.
So here are pictures of the mural my artist neighbor across the street (in the big beautiful church) painted of all the goings on in my neighborhood.

I love this one. I went to Sue's church studio and she had small studies of this mural so we got to talk about her ideas and her process. It was really amazing. This one above is partly reminiscent of the ritual of lighting and then letting go of the luminarias at Christmastime.



Both of these above are depictions of the All Souls Day Parade that goes through our neighborhood every year at the beginning of December. And to the left is the muse who births all the creativity inherent in such a parade...


Sue's church house/studio and her husband, Michael with the long beard, sitting on the porch steps watching the world go by, as he often does.


Tribute to the artist studios around here. And Flam Chen, the fire dancers across the street at Bevel Studio.




One of the cutest houses on our block with a pic of the real place below it.


The community garden around the corner.

And the final image and gift of the artist. You can barely make out her signature on the right hand side - Sue Kay Johnson Hannon.

Thank you to her and to everyone to made my life richer while I lived in the southwest...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kateri Morton said...

Lovely pictures, and what a fascinating neighborhood. Thanks for posting these (I'm a little behind with the blog reading, as you see...)

Friday, August 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home