Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Hampshire

Weirdest place ever.
The crappiness of the venues is inversely proportional to the decent quality of our crews. And the venues are REALLY REALLY crappy.
Outside lifts
Low doorways
No orchestra pit space so our brass section was "remoted" to a nearby stairwell.
Needless to say they enjoyed that show like no other and only wished they had a 6-pack to complete the picture.
Our stage manager's office/console/bathroom where she called the show.
Jen's and my wardrobe/wig room in the parking lot ON THE STREET.
My office
Jen's Office
I had my most heavily tattooed/pierced crew ever in Concord, including a couple of members of a punk rock band who needed some cash, showed up for our call and got put on my crew. And they were great. Some of my best people in that venue. There's nothing quite like watching a guy with a mohawk, fully tattooed arms and a pierced lip hold jewelry and satin gloves for an actress to put on.
We had our longest most painful, demoralizing and gruesome load out in Concord, NH and then 3 days later had our fastest most exhilarating load out followed by drinks at the bar in Keene, NH.

This state makes no sense.
But we're in Lowell, MA today and Rhode Island tomorrow and we close for good on Sunday. Sad and relieved, I think.
And what next? Well, I'm going here to do this.
And AND Next year I'm really excited to say I'm working on this show . Click on the video link and start salivating. Maybe I'll come to a city near you! We have a much better schedule so you'll be hearing a lot more from me.
The ridiculous continues...stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home