Monday, January 22, 2007

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming...

To talk about the fact that it SNOWED in Tucson last night.

Snow!

In the valley!

Enough snow, that at 10AM we still had snow everywhere.

You can't imagine my excitement! Those of you up north will mock these pictures, but consider the fact that it never snows here, and then cut me the requisite slack. ok?? :)



If the plant wasn't dead to begin with, I think this is the final blow...

Random kids building a snow man. All the schools were closed this morning until noon. The first snow day in decades.

The funny thing about this picture, to me, is that my parents have a similar picture from around 1970. That was the year it snowed in Chico, CA for the first time in decades and they built a snow man and it looked exactly like this one, sort of lopsided and grassy with large bare patches around it where the snow was pressed into service. I used to laugh at that picture, now I laugh at this one!

Snow cap on a tiny bud

And on cactus.

We finally got Christmas, one month late :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home