Friday, December 01, 2006

Been a long time, been a long time now...

But I haven't forgotten about you. How could I?

Things in Tucson have been winding down - and up - at the end of the year. I have to say that I am MOST ready for this year to end. I have high hopes for 2007.

And in the meantime, here are things I'm looking forward to, in no particular order:

1. Holiday happy hour reunion with the Super Witches

2. The end of my school mod. I think they want me to teach again next year but I don't know what classes they want to give me. My draping class has settled down and my girls are doing SO well. It's amazing how much of a difference 2 months can make. They've gone from not knowing how to use a sewing machine to being able to drape bodices. Staggering... Meanwhile, my History of Fashion class has taught me more about teaching than anything I've ever done. I've enjoyed the trial and error but would LOVE to not teach it again for a couple of months. I'd like some time to let the lessons sink in, let's see if I get it.

3. I'm immensely thankful for my friends who have been so supportive this past month - especially Jess, Karen, Diane, Kateri and Jen. I literally would not have made it without you. I'm looking forward to some holiday drinking with you all (in spirit if not reality...)

4. Guatemala! For Christmas and New Years. Huge cheers to that! I just bought a new camera - which will be in my possession next week. I promise many pictures of my travels.

5. The promise of a new city in 2007. Where? When? Who knows. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Happy December to everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger bbarrett said...

indeed it's been a long time! at least i know you are still alive now...i was beginning to wonder since you hadn't updated in so long. is that new haircut keeping you too busy to blog???!!! well, in 2.5 weeks we will unite in guatemala...we are so excited...see you then!

Saturday, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home