Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thailand

I guess the mark of a good vacation is you have no time or inclination to blog about it.

I'll say two things about Thailand. 1. I never want to leave. 2. I could eat in this country forever and never get tired of it.
Aubrey and Mike, my traveling companions. Aubrey was a dancer/singer/actress in Hairspray and Mike is an old friend of hers from home. We all met up in Bangkok and hung out together for several days.
The tuk-tuk, Thailand's mode of travel.


Buddhist monks.David Sedaris says Thai writing looks like cake decoration. Incidentally, his new book "When You are Engulfed in Flames" is hilarious.

The most beloved monarchy in the world. The king was born on a Monday and the queen was born on a Wednesday so those two days of each week, the Thai celebrate their monarchs by wearing green and yellow all day.And now some completely inadequate pictures of the glorious street food of Thailand.

Nothing beats fruit in the tropics.

Chestnuts roasted in hot stones in a massive wok over a charcoal fire.

Fresh pad thai from a street vendor.

Tiny piping hot donuts fresh from the fire.

I showed him this picture and it made him laugh :)Truly incredible country.

I'm headed to Cambodia tomorrow. Pictures of Angkor Wat to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Antonio said...

Very interesting; I wait for the news of the near(next) trip to Cambodia.

The appetite has opened Thailand's kitchen(cuisine) me.

Luck. Cordial regards.

Sunday, August 10, 2008  
Blogger Kateri Morton said...

oh my god, everything looks magical. i wish i could have gone with you.

hey, why aren't you here yet? i miss you.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home