Thursday, August 24, 2006

Night terrors

I went to bed last night after the show - 12:30 ish - and fell asleep. Woke up all of sudden not very long after that - how long, I have no idea - and saw the light shining on the floor by my bed in a sort of circular pattern.

In my sleep fogged brain it looked like a grass skirt and I completely freaked out for a minute thinking "Oh my gosh I've missed my cue! Where are the actors? Why is it dark in here?! Where is everyone else? What's going on?!" It took me several minutes to realize I was IN BED and not at the show backstage (by myself) and even longer than that for the adrenaline to fade enough for me to go back to sleep.

I waited tables in college at a place called Baker's Square. After especially long days at the restaurant pulling double shifts I used to have nightmares about waiting tables all by myself, with no one in the kitchen, every table full of people yelling my name, my tray empty as I kept forgetting things etc. It was a common type of nightmare for waitstaff and my fellow waiters used to call them "square mares."

What would Lion King nightmares be? And can I point out that I have 5 more weeks of these nightmares to look forward to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home